Monday, September 26, 2011

What's happening this week.... September 26th - September 30th



Greetings,
Last week we began discussing what learning skills are and together we developed our learning goals for three of these skills; responsibility, collaboration,and initiative.
Responsibility
*I can take care of myself.
*I am responsible for my things.
Collaboration
*I treat everyone with respect.
*I use my words to solve problems.
Initiative
*I will always try my best.
*I am excited to learn new things.
We spent last week reviewing short "a" word families and will move on this week to a review of short "e" word families. We continue to spend time discussing our predictions during the read aloud portion of our literacy block and have been having a lot of fun with a series of books by Doreen Cronin about the adventures of some animals on a farm. Students are getting really good making predictions based on information they knew or have gathered from the pictures and details in the story.


In math we will finish up our Sorting and Patterning unit and will be concentrating on identifying the pattern core in a pattern and extending the pattern according to the pattern rule.
In Social Studies we have been discussing the importance of rules and how they are established to keep us safe.
On Monday we will be having our first Student of the Month Assembly @10:35 in the gym. Two students are selected each month. I will let parents' know the details ahead of time when your child has been chosen. This month's topic is "Caring."
Have a good week.
Lise Fellbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment