Friday, October 14, 2011
This week was Fire Safety Week in Ontario and we were very lucky to get a visit from our local fire department. This visit provided students with a great opportunity to review some important fire safety rules. These are some of the rules we reviewed;
* If your clothes ever catch on fire; Stop, Drop and Roll!
* Never go back inside a burning building, not even for your favourite toy or pet.
* Make sure your family has picked a meeting place for everyone to meet outside and you have reviewed your escape plan if there is a fire.
* If you see smoke in your house, crawl under the smoke.
* If you think there is a fire, feel a door first with the back of your hand, to see if it is hot. If it is hot do not open the door.
* If you hear a voice calling be sure to answer because it could be a fireman looking for you.
* Never hide inside during a fire.
* Do not be afraid of a fireman when he is in his protective gear.
* Never play with lighters, matches, the stove, fireplaces or candles.
* Never dial 911 unless it is an emergency.
* If you cannot get out of your door then go out a window.